When it comes to feeding your family dinner, it’s important to choose foods that everyone will enjoy. Kids are busy, so it’s best to keep their plates full of meals that are nourishing, quick and easy to make.
The easiest way to do this is with the classics, which are always sure to please — pasta, tacos and pizza. But when you’re trying to find new kid-friendly simple homemade recipes, it’s worth experimenting with a few different options.
Top homemade meals you must try
1. Chicken Stir-Fry: This speedy meal is loaded with juicy chicken and colorful veggies, and is a 30 minute meal that the whole family will love!
2. Shakshuka: This simple combo of simmered tomatoes, onions, garlic, spices and poached eggs is destined to be in your rotation.
3. Greek Sheet Pan Chicken: Juicy, herb-y chicken thighs are nestled in an array of colorful veggies, then roasted in one go.
4. Teriyaki Chicken: This 20-minute meal is a must-make, especially for those who love the taste of teriyaki!
5. Corn Casserole: This simple recipe combines sweet corn muffin with creamed corn, cheddar cheese and sour cream for a dish that screams comfort food.
6. Burger and Fries: This kid-friendly casserole combines ground beef with fries for a fun spin on classic burgers and fries that your kids will devour!
7. Baked Mac and Cheese: This cheesy mac and cheese has panko-parmesan crunch bits for extra flavor.
8. Taco Soup: This Tex Mex invention is a mix of Mexican tortilla soup and American chili – a bowl of warm, savory and smoky goodness that’s sure to please both adults and kids alike!
9. Spaghetti and Meatballs: There’s nothing quite like a bowl of pasta with meatballs to satisfy hungry little ones.
10. Grilled Cheese Sandwich: A grilled cheese sandwich is a tried-and-true kid favorite. The best part about this recipe is that it can be made with a variety of breads, including store-bought crescent roll dough, which makes it super fast and easy to prepare!
The other great thing about this dish is that it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge, so you’re free to take on another project or do something fun with your kids during the day.
If your kids aren’t fans of turkey burgers, then this healthy one-pot meal is perfect! It’s full of iron-rich ingredients such as lentils and spinach, so it’s a great source of protein for them.
You can also serve this dish alongside salads for a balanced meal. It’s a meal that’s sure to be a hit with your kids and will make them feel full and satisfied after a long day at school.
Leave a Reply